Saturday 23 February 2008

Moving on, my friends and other animals

So I split up with a long-term boyfriend (3 years) nearly 3 months ago. We met when he joined a society I've been part of since I was an undergrad. As a consequence a lot of my friends became his as well, in one case a good friend of mine became his best friend. So despite the fact that aforementioned personage had been saying to my ex for nearly a year we should split up this person now ignores me totally. OK, so he's being immature and to be honest it shows his true colours. What galls me more is that his girlfriend who I've had a on-off really close friendship with appears to be ignoring me when he's around and not online etc. I went to the pub with this group of people this week and discovered that my ex appears to be seeing someone I had confided in a lot. In no way am I bothered about them seeing each other (she's welcome to him) more that it explains why she hadn't responded to any of my emails. So talking to a certain someone about this tonight, he said in a "divorce" stuff like this always happens and I'm being mature about it. I'm being a lot more mature about it now than a couple of years ago but I suppose I'm galled by the fact that these people who I thought were good friends aren't. All I can say is that I'm very glad that I have a support network outside the society I met the ex at. Even if a large proportion of it is not on the same continent, thank goodness for the internet, IM, skype and email.

No comments: